The world is changing, and so is the way we view health care.
You might want to seek a naturopathic doctor’s opinion on a health issue you’ve been dealing with but aren’t able to visit the clinic in person – and for these purposes, Dr. Maria at the Mindful Healing Clinic is offering online naturopathic services.
You likely have some questions about how online consultations and appointments work, so we’re going to do our best to answer the questions you might have about these types of services.
The use of telemedicine and virtual consultations is on the rise, and for good reason – many of the same services you can access in person can be provided just as effectively via phone, video, or secure email.
What Is An Online Naturopath?
Online naturopaths are simply naturopathic doctors who provide care, advice, and treatment options to patients using technology such as phone, or video conference rather than in-person.
Just as a naturopath you would visit in-person, online naturopaths in Ontario must be licensed by the College of Naturopaths of Ontario who maintain an online listing where you can search by name or registration number.
It’s always a good idea to take a look at the register to see whether your naturopathic doctor is licensed, whether you’re getting treatment by an online naturopathic doctor or in person.
Benefits Of Online Naturopathic Consultations
Some of the benefits of online consultations include:
- More accessible and convenient access to care, especially for individuals with mobility issues or other factors which prevent them from attending in-person appointments
- Flexibility in scheduling – virtual appointments are easier to fit into your day
- No travel time – if you can attend your appointment from the comfort of your living room, you don’t have to worry about driving (and parking) or time spent on transit to get to-and-from your appointments
- Less cost – practitioners who are able to offer virtual services often have fewer overhead costs, and can pass those savings onto you, the patient
- Easier access to care for those in remote or rural areas
- Online care makes it simple and easy to reach out to your naturopathic doctor with concerns or questions – because you already have the infrastructure in place to contact your naturopathic doctor electronically, it’s easier to send a quick question via email or text when you have an issue which concerns you, and to potentially book a consultation to discuss if needed
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Naturopathic Medicine
For individuals who are accustomed to seeing their health care providers’ in-person, there are a number of common questions which often come up when discussing virtual care.
Here are some of the most common ones we receive.
Do I Have To Meet Dr. Maria In Person First?
Dr. Maria offers free 15-minute consultations, which will help her to better understand your individual needs – these can be done over the phone.
If she determines you would be best served by receiving a treatment such as Reiki or acupuncture which requires an in-person visit then you will need to visit the clinic, however many treatment options can be offered remotely.
Will My Insurance Cover Virtual Naturopathic Consultations?
Most insurance plans will cover virtual visits, however, if you are unsure please check with your individual insurance provider or review your plan for details, as plans do vary.
Is Online Naturopathy As Effective As In-Person Consultations?
In the majority of cases, online naturopathic services are as effective as visiting the clinic in-person.
Some services will require you visit the clinic in-person, however.
Dr. Maria will work with you to ensure you fully understand your options and which services can be effectively offered virtually.
Which Services Can You Offer Through Virtual Consultations?
Although some services require your physical presence – such as acupuncture, or Reiki treatments, there is still a large amount which can be offered remotely.
Dr. Maria will discuss your individual needs with you, and determine if virtual services are a good fit for you.
Book An Online Naturopathic Consultation At The Mindful Healing Clinic
Are you dealing with health issues, and want to get a second opinion?
Do you have health concerns you just don’t seem to be able to find a suitable solution for?
Perhaps you want to avoid having to go on over-the-counter medication or have found typical solutions aren’t helping you as much as they should be.
Naturopathic medicine aims to heal the body as a whole, and looks at the entire system, rather than just focusing in on one ailment.
For more information about how naturopathic medicine can help you, contact me, Dr. Maria, today and book your online consultation with The Mindful Healing Clinic.